Boxer Store vacancies available now for those who have what it takes to make a meaningful difference in their lives and the longevity of the business.
Boxer is an equal opportunity employer and continually encourages its employees to be all they can be, regardless of age, race, gender, disability or color. If you can perform your duties well, Boxer has a wide variety of career opportunities for you.
Boxer is fully accredited as an official training center with W&R SETA. For more information on exciting career opportunities for graduates and managers, please contact the Director of Human Resources by uploading your CV using the link below.
Other Opportunity: Download New Z83 Application Form
Responsibilities of the cashier position:
- Provide a positive customer experience with fair, friendly and courteous service.
- Record sales in a cash register by scanning items, breaking down and adding customer purchases.
- Solve customer issues and answer questions.
- Shopping bags if needed.
- Process return transactions.
- Purchase details and totals by recording prices, departments, taxable and non-taxable items; and operate a cash register.
- Enter price changes by viewing price sheets and special sales slips.
- Discounts on purchases using coupons.
- Collect payments by accepting cash, check, or cashing customer payments and making changes for customers in cash.
- Verify credit acceptance by verifying and recording driver’s license number; and credit card authorization operating systems.
- Balance the cash drawer by counting cash at the start and end of the shift.
- Provide pricing information by answering the questions.
- Maintains treasury operations by following policies and procedures and reporting necessary changes.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to the team effort by obtaining related results as needed.
- [Hours of Work and Benefits] The information on hours of work and benefits here will keep the job seeker interested and encourage them to continue reading your job posting. This is where you want to describe the working conditions or requirements, such as shift work, weekend work, overtime, and breaks. Also, be sure to mention any special perks your business offers that others might not.
Qualifications / skills of cashiers:
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to make changes
- Basic calculation skills
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school Certificate / Grade 12 or equivalent desired
- 0-1 years of retail experience desired
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Easily adjust schedule, tasks and priorities as needed to meet business needs
- If we do not contact you within 30 days of dispatch, your request will not be considered successful.
How To Apply?
Apply online: https://www.boxer.co.za/contact-boxer/careers