Appeal process for new and permanent students
New student appeal
NSFAS 2021 funding applications should submit their appeals directly to NSFAS online through the MyNSFAS portal using the following process:
1. Log in to your “MyNSFAS” account on www.nsfas.org.za
2. Click on the option “Follow up on the progress of the financing”.
3. Check the app progress tabs
4. If the status of your request reflects a failure message, you can submit a complaint by clicking on the “Submit Appeal” tab.
5. Once you are on the “Call for Nominations” page, you will be able to see the reason for the status of your rejected application.
6. You can then provide written reasons for appealing the status of your request.
7. Your motivation must not exceed 1000 characters (words, spaces included)
8. Then upload certified supporting documents to support your motivation. You can send up to 5 documents.
9. Then click on “Submit call”.
10. You can now follow the progress of the call in your myNSFAS account.
This process should be followed by applicants who submitted their application during the NSFAS 2020 application cycle which closed on November 30, 2020 and their application was rejected.
CONTINUE STUDENTS APPEAL IN PROGRESS
The following process will apply to students funded by from pre-2018 grant, as well as students in the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) scholarship program:
Appeals for Failure to Meet Academic Performance Requirements: Institutions must review and assess all progress appeals and make a recommendation to NSFAS. This presentation must be signed by the Chairman of the Financial Aid Committee on behalf of the Institution. The contact person for NSFAS appeals is Mr. K Sauls at the Grant and Loan Center.
Any other appeal: students must submit the appeal to the institution’s financial aid office with the relevant supporting documents for an appropriate assessment by the institutions’ appeal committee.
PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING
CUBL will send a questionnaire to all students who need to appeal. If you have not received correspondence from our office, you may inquire about your eligibility to appeal to Ms. Louw at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Davids at email@example.com.
More information visit nsfas website here>>> https://www.nsfas.org.za/