Duration: 18 month fixed term contract with R7 000 stipend per month)
Learning opportunities for practitioners in the City of Tshwane metro police department, providing 2000 police Traineeship services to the public, covering mainly three basic functions, namely traffic police, police bylaws and crime prevention. The main emphasis is on providing a safe road environment and reducing the possible causes and opportunities of all criminal activities, traffic and offenses. Pupils are enrolled in an eighteen (18) month annual contract, with an initial 4 week selection course. Only after the successful completion of this course will placement in any of the 105 CoT rooms prepare students for a basic metro police course. After all legal requirements have been fully met / qualified, permanent on-going service in any of the 105 CoT rooms will be considered in accordance with an approved point system and shift system.
- Must be a resident of Tshwane district
- Must be between 18 and 35 years old
- Must be physically and mentally fit.
- Must have a senior certificate (GR12) from which you must provide documentary evidence.
- No criminal convictions other than previous convictions related to political activity during the previous dispensation and allow him / her to take fingerprints
- Fluent in English
- Minimum valid B-code driver’s license (manual transmission)
- After the successful completion of the course, the municipal oath prescribed by the municipality must be taken
Personal characteristics and / or competencies:
- Good communication skills (written and spoken),
- Managerial skills,
- Independence in the execution of the assignments,
- Positive attitude,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Honest and reliable.
- Must pass a 2.4 km fitness test within 11.09 minutes for men and 14.29 minutes for women
- The obstacle course must be completed within 3 minutes for men and 4 minutes for women
- Provide a medical certificate as proof that the individual can perform an intensive exercise (you will be asked to provide this certificate if and when you are invited to a physical examination)
- Complete the English proficiency test
- You must undergo a medical examination
- Website Editor: Following the tragic incident at KZN, RSAlearnerships wants to encourage all site users to think twice about participating in a fitness test as it can lead to a similar tragic situation.
- Be prepared to attend training courses as defined by the TC
- Participate in an intensive training program (including physical, firearms, theoretical and practical)
- Be prepared to undergo abnormal exercise, including after hours, without compensation
- Will be located in any area of Tshwane Municipality
Metro Police Academy; 11 National Artillery Route, West Pretoria
How to apply
Please note that applicants must obtain an application form from the Metropolitan Regional Office in your area of residence (see the full website with addresses and map on our website). Applications must be submitted to the same office on or before the same date as the application. No electronic / fax application will be accepted.
Completed application forms must be submitted to the metro police regional offices:
More Information visit Tshwane Metro Police career web page.