About NSFAS Bursary
The NSFAS is a government bursary program that provides financial assistance to students who do not have enough to pay for their studies in South Africa’s universities and TVET colleges. The program is targeted towards students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
What do NSFAS Covers?
The NSFAS bursary provides financial assistance to students who need to pay for various living and learning expenses during the academic year. For instance, if a student wants to stay in a hostel, the bursary will cover the cost of lodging. On the other hand, students who travel 40 kilometers from the institution will receive a transport allowance of R7 500 annually.
Also Apply: Funza Lushaka Teaching Bursary 2023
Requirements for NSFAS Bursary
- Nationality: South African (foreign students do not apply)
- Applicants who satisfy the academic requirements for a bachelor’s degree at a public university or TVET college
- Previous applicants with a reference number should not apply again.
- I am NOT an NSFAS grantee for the current academic year (only unfunded students)
Students accepted for postgraduate studies must be from one of the following disciplines of study:
- Bachelor of Architecture Technology | Architectural Technology
- Bachelor of Technology, Biomedical Technology/
- Education Accounting Postgraduate Certificate
- LLB Postgraduate Diploma (Bachelor of Laws)
To apply for a TVET college NSFAS Bursary, follow these steps:
- Enrolled in a public TVET college in South Africa
- Registered in certain NATED Report 191 programs, such as N1-N6 in engineering and N4-N6 in all other professions, and applied for the National Certificate (vocational).
How To Apply for NSFAS Bursary 2023
NSFAS Online Application 2023
To apply for NSFAS, you must first create an account on myNSFAS or re-register an existing one.
Apply here: https://www.nsfas.org.za/content/
Please note that:
NSFAS will open application on 01 October 2023