About Funza Lushaka Bursary
The Funza Lusaka bursary is a government program that provides financial support to students who want to study teaching. However, it only covers postgraduate certificates and bachelor’s degrees in education.
The program is for one academic year. In order to qualify, students must first get admitted to a recognized university. This can be done through the university’s admission process. Besides this, other requirements such as financial aid and academic progress are also taken into account to determine if a student should be considered for the program.
What Funza Lushaka Covers?
The Funza Lushaka Bursary provides financial assistance to students who are looking to study in Uganda. It covers the cost of tuition fees, accommodation, meals, books, and learning materials. If you are 30 years old or younger, you must be considered for the program.
Also Apply: NSFAS Bursary Application 2023
Who Can Apply for the Funza Lushaka Bursary?
If you have a criminal record or have been fired from your job because of misconduct, then applying for the bursary would be useless.
Employees of public universities and their families are also not eligible to apply for this program. If you have teaching experience, however, then you are not eligible. This is because the rules are very explicit about who can and cannot apply.
- Online applications are the only ones accepted.
- They will not accept hard copy printed forms.
- If you completed the Funza Lushaka online application
Requirements for Funza Lushaka Bursary
Applicants must meet the following essential conditions to be accepted for the Funza Lushaka Bursary:
- A South African citizen with a valid ID is required.
- Must have already been admitted into a recognized higher education institution in a suitable subject of study.
- Must be dedicated and enthusiastic about a professional teaching career, with interests such as working with children and a desire to face and overcome obstacles.
- Personal candor is necessary.
- First-time applicants must be under the age of 30.
First time university students
- Before starting your studies, you must first pass the Grade 12 Mathematics or Science literacy test. In addition to this, you also need to have at least 4 home language skills to start preparing projects related to this subject.
- If you graduated from high school before 2008, you must have a 50 percent average (before mathematics was compulsory)
- If you want to become a specialist in technology subjects, then you need to pass Level 4 in Mathematics. This applies to those who are not planning on taking the CAT.
How To Apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary?
Funza Lushaka Teaching Bursary Online Application
The details that we’ve talked about so far came from the notes that the team at Funza has on its website. Before you start working with them, make sure that you read all of the notes carefully.
First time application students: http://www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za/Home/FirstTime
Re-application students: http://www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za/Home/ReApplication
Funza Lushaka Contact Details
To find out more about the scholarship, please contact the university’s administrative co-ordinators. These individuals can help you navigate through the various steps involved in the application process. You can also contact them by phone: 012 357 3000
Please take note:
Funza Lushaka will open on 01 October 2022