Stats SA Extended Closing Date For Census 2022 Recruitment
The closing date for the Census 2022 Recruitment drive (Stats SA Vacancies 2022) has been extended to January 31, 2022. This will allow matriculants from the class of 2021, who will receive their results around the end of January 2022, to apply for available jobs.
Contract employment applications are only accepted online at www.statssa.gov.za/hr Stats SA Vacancies 2022. Their call center agents are available to assist prospective candidates with online applications by calling 0800 110 248. Personal documents (i.e., identification, certificates, etc.) should not be given to anyone.
The Census Recruitment Drive (Stats SA Vacancies 2022) will not be affected by the extension, and fieldwork will begin on Census Night, February 2, 2022, as planned. By mid-January 2022, the appointment of field staff will be complete.
Register to become a member of their database to be notified of contract job openings.
Statistics South Africa (Stats SA Vacancies 2022) provides scientific information that helps society comprehend complex socioeconomic phenomena. The Statistics Act of 1999 (Act No. 6 of 1999) and the POPI Act of 2013 give it authority (Act 4 of 2013). Stats SA aspires to be the best in the following five areas:
- Logistical competence for deployment of (forward and reverse) logistics of large-scale field operations and for strategic choices regarding operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness Intellectual capability to lead the scientific work of statistics Technological competence for large-scale processing and complex computations and public accessibility of information Logistical competence for deployment of (forward and reverse) logistics of large-scale field operations and for strategic choices regarding operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Administrative competence in understanding the political environment without being political or politicized (commitment to deliver without fear of favor) Political competence in understanding the political environment without being political or politicized (commitment to deliver without fear of favor)
Applicants who previously enrolled for the new HR contract database in 2019 and 2020 must update their information.
Stats SA (Stats SA Vacancies 2022) conducts a variety of surveys and programs, including the Census, Community Survey, Labour Force Survey, and General Household Survey, among others. These surveys and initiatives occasionally necessitate the use of contract labor. You are welcome to register online to be included in the database used to identify possible candidates for these contract roles when they become available. People of all races, youth, and women from all walks of life are urged to register.
Contract employment possibilities are available in a variety of province and districts across the country.
Contract: When chances for contract employment exist, an employment contract stating length, job content, remuneration, and other criteria will be offered.
Working tools: Those who are hired and given work tools will be paid when the tools have been returned.
Area of expertise: Contract employment opportunities typically develop as described below –
To register please follow visit https://apps.statssa.gov.za/HRRecruitment/Default.aspx and fill all the required details.
The applicant is required to:
- Have at least a Senior Certificate (Matric or equivalent).
- Be fluent in at least one of the 11 official languages
- Be available to work on weekends and outside of regular office hours
- Be a resident of the Republic of South Africa with no criminal record
Also Check: Apply for Police Training 2022-2023
How to Apply?
- When applying, applicants must upload the following documents:
- Proof of residence/home address (eg Lease agreement, Affidavit, Tribal Authority letter, Municipality bill, clothing account bill and others).
- Any registration that does not include the aforementioned supporting documents will be considered incomplete, and the applicant will be unable to complete the registration in the database.
- Applicants who are requested to participate in training/competency exercises must provide certified copies of their ID, matric certificates, and driver’s license, if appropriate.
- Documents must have been certified within the previous 6 months of submission.
- Due to COVID, walk-in applications will not be accepted.
- Contract job applications are only accepted online at www.statssa.gov.za/hr
Statistics South Africa (Starts SA) will:
- Verify an applicant’s documents and/or conduct reference checks as part of the recruitment process.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted will be subjected to a competency exam and/or a training evaluation.
Please take note of the following:
- Statistics South Africa maintains the right to approve or refuse a registration application.
- Applicants for censuses and surveys will be assigned within their areas because transportation will not be provided.
- If an applicant is a director/shareholder of a company or runs a business as a sole proprietor, he or she must provide this information.
- An applicant must indicate if his/her company is conducting business with any government institution/municipality.
- An applicant must give Stats SA permission to use his or her personal information for any other recruitment proprietor.
- Candidates who meet the minimal qualifications will be invited to training through SMS.
0800 110 248 is the toll-free number for the call center.
Issued by Statistics South Africa (Starts SA).