Closing date: 01/31/2021
Reference number: UNI210115-1
Job title: Driver of ultra-heavy vehicles
Business Unit / Division: Oil
Job type classification: permanent
Job posting summary
An opportunity arose for a high caliber drivers for fueling operations to distribute fuel to multiple customers at Unitrans. See the minimum requirements, tasks, and responsibilities below for more information.
• NQF literacy level 2 or 3 (verbal and digital)
• Valid EC driver license code with PrDP (DGP)
• 3 years of experience in driving ultra-heavy vehicles
• You must have experience in the transport of dangerous goods.
• Must be 25 years or older
• Must be prepared to work weekends and holidays
• Defensive driving techniques
• Function and location of vehicle components.
• National Highway Traffic Law (ie, driving a vehicle)
• Procedure for reporting emergencies and failures
• Vehicle inspections and use of fire extinguisher
• Optimization of profitability and efficiency of vehicles
• Vehicle loading techniques
Duties and responsibilities
• Prepare the vehicle for the trip and use extra heavy vehicles.
• Loading, transportation and unloading of vehicles.
• Manage the required documentation and perform auxiliary tasks.
• All other reasonable instructions from the supervisor
• Prepared to work shifts, weekends and holidays
• Safe driving record and clean criminal record
• Cleaning of vehicles, uniforms and PPE
• Adhere to promote safety and standard operating procedures
Pass / perform the following:
• Medical evaluation
• USCS training modules
• Induction process
• Practical driving assessment
• Clean criminal background check
HOW TO APPLY?
Apply online>>> https://unitrans.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/View/UNI210115-1
More Jobs at Unitrans here>>> https://unitrans.erecruit.co/candidateapp/jobs/categories/
Unitrans are committed to respecting employment fairness when hiring internally and externally. The company policy is to promote from within whenever possible. Therefore, please note that internal applicants will be considered first before evaluating external applicants, provided this supports the achievement of our employment fairness goals