General employee (UNI210112-1): Unitrans
Closing date: 2021/01/28
Reference number: UNI210112-1
Job title: General worker
Business Unit / Division: Consumer
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location: Rustenburg, north-west & kwazulu Natal
Summary of the job offer
There is an opportunity available at Unitrans operations for an experienced general workers who will be based on our contract. Please see the minimum requirements, duties and responsibilities below for more details on the available position.
• Grade 10 / Standard 7
• Medically fit
• Work in safety, ie make sure that all safety requirements are also met.
• Ready to work shifts, weekends and holidays
• Clear criminal records
• You must have your own reliable means of transportation to and from work
Responsibilities and Duties
• Able to carry out all reasonable instructions from the supervisor
• Vehicle washing
• Vehicle loading – if necessary
• General tasks, that is to say
• daily cleaning of the workshop / weighbridge
• Check each compartment and verify that each compartment is completely empty before loading.
• Make sure the trailer compartments have been rinsed (cleaned) before switching from livestock feed to poultry / pig deliveries.
• Make sure the correct feed is loaded from the correct container, seal the container and visually check the quality of the feed.
• When loading, make sure that none of the compartments can overflow.
• After filling each compartment, the driver slowly drives the vehicle forward so that the next compartment lines up under the cargo exit. It must be ensured that the assistant is correctly positioned.
• Once the loading operation is complete, the truck attendant must secure the compartment doors.
• Make sure samples are brought to the farm with every order delivered.
• Staff cannot move between homes before or after unloading food and must remain in the vehicle at all times.
• Maintain good corporate image in transit and on customer premises (eg proper maintenance of equipment and clothing).
• General cleaning of washing facilities
How to apply?
Apply online>>> https://unitrans.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/View/UNI210112-1
More Jobs at Unitrans click here>>> https://unitrans.erecruit.co/candidateapp/jobs/categories/
Unitrans are committed to ensuring fair employment when hiring internally and externally. Company policy is to promote from within whenever possible. Therefore, please note that internal applicants will be screened first before assessing external applicants, provided this supports the achievement of our employment equity goals.