Welcome to the 2021 Nursing Intake 2021 Bursary Application
Applicants are encouraged to apply to Gauteng College of Nursing to study for a nursing degree in 2021 at one of the university campuses:
• Ann Latsky Nursing Campus
• Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing Campus
• SG Lourens Nursing Campus
• Bonalesedi Nursing Campus.
To successfully apply and be considered for training, take note of the following:
• You must register a profile in the system before you can submit an application.
• You must be a South African citizen residing in Gauteng province.
• Must be in possession of one of the following certificates of completion of studies: a higher certificate, a higher national certificate, currently in grade 12, or a national certificate of primary health professional
• Applications must be made in the GPG Professional Job Center system by or before February 12, 2021; Late applications will not be accepted
• Certified documents will be uploaded to the system, but you will need to bring supporting documents to the recruitment center if you are shortlisted.
• Applications delivered in person or sent by email will not be accepted; all applications must be made online.
The following subject criteria are required:
• Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C, Mathematics HG D or SG C and an M score of 17
Senior National Certificate: Level 4 English, Level 4 Life Sciences, Level 4 Math, or Level 5 Math Literacy, and an APS of 27 or higher (life orientation counts for half of the score)
• National vocational certificate: 50% in core subjects (English first additional language, math / math literacy, life orientation) and 60% in vocational subjects (South African health system, public health, mind and body human primary care and community)
• Current 12th grade students must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements on their final 11th grade results.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to communicate with people
• Organizational capacity
• Leadership ability
• Calm during a crisis
• Communication, numeracy, and life skills
• Computer skills
• Study techniques
• Compassionate and loving.
• Sign an agreement with the Ministry of Health
• To attend conferences
• Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) which includes shifts and work on holidays, weekends and nights at Gauteng Health Department hospitals and clinics within the program requirements.
KEEP IN MIND:
• Make sure you qualify and meet the minimum requirements before applying
• If you do not receive comments within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your request has not been successful.
Questions: Recruitment Center tel (011) 644-8946