South African Food Parcel Application – Uncategorized

South African Food Parcel Application

About applying for social relief from distress

Social relief from distress is a temporary provision of care for people who urgently need food parcel  things that cannot meet the basic needs of their families.

This can be caused by any of the following characteristics:

you need help while you wait for your children’s finances to be processed
disaster or disaster occurs (for example, your house is on fire)
you’re not ready to get a grant and you’re in a state of despair
cannot work for less than six months because he is mentally unfit
cannot obtain support from the other parent of your child or children
the breadwinner is dead
breadwinner sent to prison for a short time (less than six months)
You have been affected by a disaster, but the area or community in which you live has not been declared a disaster area.

What do you get?

The Disaster Relief Society can be a food package or a food stamp. Some provinces offer this assistance in the form of cash. Social

Pain relief is only given for a short period, usually up to three months, which can be extended for another three months.

What to do?

Apply for poverty alleviation at the nearest South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) office.

Send your request along with the following documents:

Your 13-digit barcode identity document and your child’s birth certificates.
If your identification and / or birth certificate is not available:
an affidavit approved by the justice of the peace. The affidavit must contain a clause stating that the provision of incorrect or inaccurate information will lead to prosecution under the terms of section 21 of the Social Assistance Act of 2004.
An affidavit from a respectable person and child. This may come from a councilor, traditional leader, social worker, or minister of religion.

Proof that an application for a birth certificate or identity document has been filed with the Department of the Interior.
in your case, a temporary identification issued by the Department of the Interior.
christening certificate
way to a health clinic card.
school report
Please note: no application can be processed without an affidavit / affidavit.
If you do not have an identity document and birth certificates, an affidavit at the nearest police station, your supervisor, councilor, or religious leader may be sufficient evidence.

Show proof that you:

  • Request financing
  • you have an emergency (for example, provide a police report that your home was burned)
  • have tried to get maintenance
  • you have no other support
  • married, divorced or single
  • you have no money
  • you are temporarily disabled from treatment.

How long does it take

  • Your request will be processed immediately.
  • When your request is submitted, your credibility and your actual need for service will be assessed.
  • Even if you don’t have all the documents, you will receive the first month’s food package, receipt, or cash.
  • Remember to bring all documentation to the company before the second month’s payment is due. If you don’t, you won’t get your second and third month food packages, coupons, or cash.
  • If your status has not changed after receiving the grant for three months, you can request that the grant be extended for another three months.

How much the application cost?

-The service is free.

Ways to complete the form

The application form is not available online, but can be obtained from the nearest SASSA office.

Who to contact?
South African Social Security Agency (SASSA)

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.