Air Traffic and Navigation Services (ATNS) offers students bursary to pursue a career in air traffic management with the goal of becoming an Air Officer, Air Traffic Services or Aeronautical Information Manager.
ATNS offers the following bursary:
- Aeronautical Information Manager (AIMO)
- Air Traffic Services Officer (ATSO)
- Air Traffic Control Officer (ATCO)
There are three main phases of the bursary program:
- Basic Course – A theory-based basic course over 21 weeks
- ATS Assessment Course – A practically sound course complements your theory training
- ATS test – practical training module
Basic content and ATS rating courses are offered at our ATA in Gauteng.
A monthly allowance applies to these courses
Be at least 18 years old to start the fair
Must be in Mathematics and English in Grade 12 (HG D or SG C or higher than Grade 4)
Be a South African citizen
Be medically fit
You can apply for these course programs at these times:
January 1 – 31 – April Reception
April 1 – 30 – July admission
August 1 – 31 – September admission
The training grant allows each bursary to study at the ATNS Aviation Training Academy (ATA) in Bonaero Park.
The benefit includes:
- Tuition costs for ATS basic course
- Shared accommodation at ATNS ATA
- Transport to and from ATNS ATA according to research and practical requirements
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Monthly allowance
- Ten-day non-academic activities, as defined by the study program coordinators
How do I apply?