The Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works invites qualified persons to apply and apply for the Fitter and Turner Artisan Apprenticeship intake 2021-2022.
The Western Cape Government (WCG) is responsible for the drafting of laws that provide various services to the residents of the Western Cape. It works with the state government and various Western Cape municipalities to ensure their constituents have unrestricted access to the services, information and facilities they need.
Western Cape Government Program for Fitter and Turner
WCG and the Department of Transport and Public Works offer a training program for assemblers and rotators at a technical college and apprenticeship school in Bellville, Cape Town.
Successful bidders can expect exposure and hands-on skills in the following key areas:
- Create designs and objects according to the year program
- Inspection of mechanical / technical defects (supervised by a craftsman) in equipment and on site
- Repair of construction machinery and equipment according to current industry standards
- Perform regular equipment and equipment testing and ensure compliance with the specification
- Learn more about road plant maintenance on schedule
- Manage work records as well as other applicable records
Who should apply?
To be eligible for apprenticeship, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Take a technical matrix certificate (or N stream) with mathematics and science as completed subjects
- Western Cape resident and not older than 21 years
- With good health
- Able to perform physically demanding activities
- What is the selection process?
- Applicants from certain communities will be given preference
- Applicants selected from a shortlist will have to resubmit copies of their documents
- An interview request is sent
Can give skill / skill assessment
How can you apply?
Applicants who meet the minimum program requirements must set up an account on the WCG website. Click here to get started. You will be required to create account before you apply.
Applications can also be sent by mail. Download the application form here. Complete the form completely and accurately. Also attach the following supporting documents:
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 5 pages)
- Certified copies of a certified person
- Academic record
Remember to clearly indicate the position you are applying for and the reference number.
Full post is: Artisan Apprentice (Fitter and Turner): Construction and Maintenance: Bellville Mechanical Workshop, TPW 2019-203
Reference Code: WCG191018-4
Send the supporting application form by mail to:
Private Bag X 2
or deliver by hand to:
Belleville Mechanical Workshop,
Robert Sobukve Road, Bellville
Applicants may only apply once using one of the three forms above.
For more information, contact:
Mr I Louw
(021) 959 7700